Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Just to the Edge - by Donna Weyman


Like a sneeze that doesn’t happen. Almost – I can feel it. Going through my day, walking and talking with the Lord but my feet are earth bound. Doing daily stuff –

I am reminded that I am older. Life is not perfect, yet life is good. The edge of light is there. Now I have to reach a little farther to find the joy. To connect with a very present positive. Sometimes a burst of laughter comes, like children. Mostly, the choice is ours to bring the lighthearted, funny side of life into the picture. Praising in all things seems to open a pathway of acceptance and possible understanding. Knowing that just beyond the darkness of fear and trouble is a brand new day. Even in a same old same old day – I am feeling a hint of “something great” deep down inside. Like the sun wanting to pop out from behind a cloud. And in the night, I know the morning will come. Have you ever called on a friend just to say “pray me though”? A cold wind on a hot day. A ray of sun on a frosty afternoon.

It’s a hope, an assurance. Not the wisp of something just beyond my reach. It’s real because God says so. HE DID IT. He died for us. His death means redemption. In that, forgiveness is a reality. As we learn and accept the truth about Jesus Christ – POW – there is the joy. For those that have moved into this stage of life, you get to share and entice others to the same covering of the precious blood. Ah, I can feel the joy of possibilities by accepting the challenge. JUMP. Jump into your Daddy’s arms. He is here to catch you.

Dedicated to Carolyn and Dan… and to all those who have already jumped.

Written and posted with permission from Donna Weyman

No comments:

Post a Comment